[Asterisk-Users] Three (quick?) questions...

Zak zakzak at gmail.com
Sat Jul 10 15:43:26 MST 2004

1) X100P from Digium.  We currently have four of them in one machine
(started with one, then added a second, then went all the way up to
four) and they're working great.  Put the X100P into a cheap PC (we're
using a 1.7 Ghz Celeron system, I believe), add Linux and Asterisk,
and you have a full-featured PBX for cheap.

2) Either put a TDM400P in your box and use up to 4 standard analog
phones, or get something like the IAXy from Digium or a Grandstream
HandyTone or BudgeTone.  The Grandstream phones aren't the best, but
they're probably the cheapest for SIP connectivity.  A last option
would be a software solution using IAX or SIP, but that requires
another computer for each extension.

3) No experience with T1 here, but we'll probably need to look at
something else when we eventually need to add more lines.

-Zak