[Asterisk-Users] X101P FXO with RED alarm

Richard Airlie richard at darq.net
Sat Jul 10 07:40:48 MST 2004

Hi,
I've just added an X101P FXO card to my asterisk machine. The card is
detected ok but zttool always shows it in a RED alarm state, which I
understand means that it doesn't detect the line.

I've connected the card via the line socket to my analogue line using
the cable that came with the card (and have also tried other cables too)
but I always get a RED alarm.

I'm located in the UK, running FreeBSD-5.2, with zaptel-0.5 drivers
and asterisk-0.9.0_1 (both built from ports).

My zaptel.conf:
fxsks=1
loadzone=uk
defaultzone=uk

My zapata.conf
[channels]
signalling=fxs_ks
context=default
channel => 1

Output of ztcfg -vv:
Keyword: [fxsks], Value: [1]
Keyword: [loadzone], Value: [uk]
Keyword: [defaultzone], Value: [uk]

Zaptel Configuration
======================

Channel map:

Channel 01: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 01)

1 channels configured.

Asterisk sees the zap channel (or at least it shows up with 'zap show
channels') but always sees it as busy, presumably because of the
red alarm. The other thing of note is that when the zaptel driver is
loaded, attempting to play MOH causes the entire system to lock up
and require a reboot. (Without the driver loaded it works, but is of
course choppy because of the lack of a timing source).

Anyone have any ideas about what's going on?

Richard.