[Asterisk-Users] bad clicking sounds with Diva+capi+asterisk

Louis-David Mitterrand vindex at apartia.org
Sat Jul 10 06:46:41 MST 2004

Hello,

We have been using a Diva 4BRI with our Asterisk PBX through the capi
interface for almost a year now with good results. However, recently we
started to hear heavy clicking sounds in our phones when two
simultaneous incoming calls are processed by the card. The clicking does
not originate with the phones as it happens also in voicemail left
directly on the server and happens with different phone models. Theses
interferences almost prevent us from hearing the remote party and they
don't always happen on all simultaneous calls. For instance if we hang
up a corrupted call and call back then the line is clean. The clicking
sometimes sounds like crosstalk between both lines.

After talking on irc with chan_capi's developper (kapejod) it seems the
problem might originate from the Diva card. We are using a vanilla 2.6.7
kernel on debian unstable. We recently updated to use the very latest
Diva firwmare and divactrl-2.1 without any effect on the problem. I
suspect the problem might be related to the Diva 4BRI drivers in kernel
2.6.x as the problem seems to have started when switching from 2.4.x.

Has someone had a similar experience? Is there any solution?

Thanks in advance for your insight,

--
Jesus is coming! Everyone look busy!