[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Book

Nicholas Bachmann asterisk at not-real.org
Fri Jul 9 20:31:48 MST 2004

Steven Critchfield wrote:

>On Thu, 2004-07-08 at 09:16, techadmin at saww.net wrote:
>

>>I do not recall telling anyone 6 weeks, My book located at
>>www.saww.net/asterisk/ is being shipped to everyone that has not received
>>their orders as of next week. maybe next time you should get your facts
>>straight before lieing in this mailing list I do not have a problem that
>>you are trying to write your own book all the best wishes but lies do not
>>help
>>

>Be aware that the URL you just posted says it is Backordered, ships in
>1-3 weeks.
>
>Be careful when you say someone is lieing. It may be true, but unless

Or "lying," as us spellers* like to call it.  :-)

>you can back it up as absolutely false, it could be called a small
>exxageration.

I hope somebody copy edited his book.  His is not the very worst grammar
I've ever seen, but I'm fond of (correctly used) punctuation in books
that I read.  Since there isn't a sample chapter available to assuage my
fears of sloppy prose, I'll save $57 and just hope there's nothing good
I'm missing.  Based on the subtitle and blurb, however, I think I have a
good idea of what's inside.

I don't mean to personally attack the author, but the dude has scared me
away from buying it.

Nick

*I realize Steven misspelled it on purpose