[Asterisk-Users] Predictive Dialers

Brian Jones bjlist at websonix.ca
Fri Jul 9 19:09:55 MST 2004

On 9-Jul-04, at 3:29 PM, mattf wrote:

> Golly, are you thinking about building a predictive dialer with
> Asterisk?
>
> Detecting voicemail and answering machines over 50% of the time is
> pretty
> darn tough, and the way that several commercial churn-dialing systems
> do it
> is to detect silence or other typical audio patterns (like clicks or
> quite
> static) by analyzeing tiny samples(recordings) of the first couple
> seconds
> of the phone call(this is one of the reasons we usually hear a
> couple-second-long quiet pause before a telemarketer comes on the
> line).
> This kind of signal processing is very processor intensive for a
> predictive
> dialer system and usually occurs through a dedicated DSP on the
> board(like
> on a Dialog board) like the kind that us Asterisk users don't have to
> work
> with. This makes TRUE predictive dialing on a large scale(more than 6
> agents
> per server) very difficult on an Asterisk system(many say GOOD to
> this).

Thanks for the info Matt.  This was exactly what I wanted. :)

I am looking at the possibility of developing some type of predictive
dialing system, or customize a pre-existing solution.

I might try doing some experiments designing an audio processor to
detect silence at the beginning of a call.  We'll see what I can come
up with.

Brian.