[Asterisk-Users] T1 Hardware Echo Can

Robb Meredeth rjmeredeth at meredeth.com
Fri Jul 9 17:53:48 MST 2004

Well, first off we're not using them directly off the asterisk.  Our
Asterisk runs into our Alcatel OmniPCX 4400 and then to the PRI.  We have
about 70 or so IP phones off the 4400 and just a few off the Asterisk box
(so far) and of those probably 10 to 15 (alcatel) users complain
consistently about the echo.  We've only put it on one of our spans to start
with and I directed the most complaining users to it.  So far the feedback
has been very good.

I use an IP phone every day and I rarely notice it, but I may have just
learned to tune it out.  :)  But having said that I have noticed that even
that occasional echoing call that I was getting seems to have gone away.

Robb