[Asterisk-Users] SIP Regiter config question

Kurt kurtwp at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 9 13:57:47 MST 2004

Folks,

I been trying to understand how one would register * to a SIP provider
that only gives you an Account number, PIN, and phone number.  I
reviewed some examples on Wiki but those show examples of SIP provides
using username and passwords.

I did the following under the [general]:

Register = 17135551212 at 192.168.0.1/17135551212

The above line will send a register message to the SIP proxy but it
returns a 403 Bad Account/PIN.

I also tried various different register = lines using the accounts and
pin as user and secret to no avail.

My [contexts], under sip.conf, looks as follows:

[general]
port = 5060                     ; Port to bind to
bindaddr = 0.0.0.0              ; Address to bind SIP channel to
context = voice-mail            ; Default context for incoming calls
dtmfmode=rfc2833
register=17135551212 at 192.168.0.1/17135551212

[17135551212]
type=peer
context=voiceline
dtmfmode=rfc2833
;secret=1000
;username=123456789012
host=dynamic
defaultip=192.168.0.1
;accountcode=123456789012

Any suggestion?

Kurt
set up a softphone and trace it with ethereal(or the like)

You should be able to get an idea of where to put what from the
requests.

Compare the Register requests generated by asterisk with your current =
config
to the ones generated by the softphone.

----
Andrew Thompson
http://www.retirequickly.com/43653
After trapping a REGISTER packet from an InnoMedia device that has
register successfully, I noticed that it requires proxy authentication.
 In addition, it requires that the PIN be encrypted using MD5.  I did
another search at Wiki and found no example of how to encrypt the PIN.
By using the below line in the [general] context I can send a REGISTER
message with the account number:

register=123456789012 at 192.168.0.1/123456789012

but am still perplexed on how to send the PIN encrypted using MD5.

Below is the REGISTER packet sent by the InnoMedia device that
successfully registered with the SIP proxy.

Message Type = Request
Method = REGISTER
Request URI = sip:192.168.0.1:5060
SIP Version = SIP/2.0
Via = SIP/2.0/UDP 192.168.0.49:5060;branch=z9hG4bKd83576315060-11 (Path
Taken By Request Till Now)