[Asterisk-Users] E1 config help and guidance

Steve Hanselman SteveH at brendata.co.uk
Fri Jul 9 11:27:35 MST 2004

Doesn't matter which span you use, but the Telco span should be set as clock
1 and CPE, the Meridian span should be set as clock 0 and NET.

Use only the channels you have been assigned on the Telco end, you as many
channels as you want on the Meridian end.

Take a look to see the order that inbound calls come from the Telco and
outbound calls come from the Meridian (just place 2 calls sequentially with
pri debug span x), then make sure you allocate the channels accordingly
(there's an option in the Group for zaptel for top down etc down with the
character that precedes the group number).

That's about it.

Steve