[Asterisk-Users] IRC channel #asterisk on irc.freenode.net

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Fri Jul 9 11:14:23 MST 2004

On Friday 09 July 2004 11:21, programmer_ted wrote:
> To fix that, I did have to enable identd in my mIRC options and forward the
> TCP port to my machine (as noted previously).  Some IRC servers in the
> freenode network require it, some don't.  So, get that working and make
> sure your nickname includes only alphanumeric characters, and you'll be
> fine.

Freenode.net does *not* require identd; I do not run it and I am in a half
dozen channels there without any problems.  I connect to any number of
servers and have never had issue with it... if there are servers requiring
it, they are broken.

14:14 !irc.freenode.net *** Checking ident
14:14 !irc.freenode.net *** No identd (auth) response
14:14 -!- Welcome to the freenode IRC Network tzanger

And from a /whois:
14:15 -!- tzanger [~tzanger at mixdown.ca]

Regards,
Andrew