[Asterisk-Users] Dell 6450 / TE405p

Scott Laird scott at sigkill.org
Fri Jul 9 11:09:09 MST 2004

On Jul 9, 2004, at 7:29 AM, asterisk wrote:

> I've attached the /proc/pci below, but I think it's hardware related,
> not os
> - the dell does not seem to recognise that there is a card in the
> slot. Or
> any slot I put it in :(
>
> Thanks for the help, though.

It sounds like some sort of hot-plug PCI issue.  Have you tried the
32/33 slot--it shouldn't be hot-pluggable (at least it's not
hot-pluggable on older systems--I haven't read the specs on the 6450)?
All things considered, the 3.3v card would have been better for the
other slots, but if the slot is keyed to accept 5v cards, then the card
should work.  Try Dell tech support.

Scott