[Asterisk-Users] Intermittent SIP 404 Not Found response?

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht list+asterisk-users at lists.wsrcc.com
Fri Jul 9 10:54:46 MST 2004

andrew at rwts.com.au (Andrew Yager) writes:
> I believe I'm experiencing the same problem with Grandstream phones,
> although I haven't had time to track it down yet.

When your GS fails, slap a tcpdump on the line and have a look at what
it is sending.  When my GS fails it forgets how to route stuff on the
internet and attempts to ARP for something that is halfway around the
world (eg. sends an arp-request for the sip server even if that
machine isn't local).

I like GS's sound quality and price, but their firmware clearly has
some serious corruption problems.

-wolfgang
openbsd amd64 http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/ftp/asterisk-openbsd35.patch