[Asterisk-Users] FINALLY! a good book about Asterisk.

William Boehlke william.boehlke at signate.com
Thu Jul 8 16:36:29 MST 2004

As an interested party to the Mahler book VoIP Telephony with Asterisk, I
would like to clarify a point about it.

We encourage anyone who is not an Asterisk beginner to send $50 to the Wiki
instead of buying the book, and we acknowledge the Wiki (that's where the
confusion began) as a source of some material. That acknowledgement is in
one of the sample pages on our site, which probably began the confusion. But
the book is the 320 page product of nine months of independent work.

We built a dozen systems during the course of writing it to test and
implement features and options. Mark Spencer and the Digium technical staff
contributed information, advice and equipment. Eight competent engineers,
some of them active here every day, gave it a technical review.

As a former beginner, in my opinion the index alone is worth the price
compared to the time it took me to locate information.

Thanks for listening.

William Boehlke
Signate