[Asterisk-Users] FINALLY! a good book about Asterisk.

Daryl Jones daryl at tcomeng.com
Thu Jul 8 15:29:46 MST 2004

I've been reading drafts of this book for at least nine months and can
assure you that its content is very different than what is available on
the Wiki. The book is an excellent introduction to VOIP in general, and
offers sufficient information for the novice to configure a basic
Asterisk system.  Advanced Asterisk users will still need the Wiki and
mailing list archives.

Perhaps a future edition of the book might cover more advanced topics,
but the first edition is intended for beginners.

Perhaps the most important thing that this book will accomplsih is to
increase general awareness about Asterisk being a very reliable,
full-featured PBX.