[Asterisk-Users] sample config file for GS BT101?

Stephen J. Wilcox steve at telecomplete.co.uk
Thu Jul 8 13:01:23 MST 2004

I was wondering about that too..

Following the instructions on that page for config did not work for me. Setting
up a config file like the sample one made no difference to the phone (I can
confirm it did tftp it okay). Also the method references md5 checks and I dont
see that at all.

I tried the downloads, we wouldnt do this from windows so need to know how to
do this to write for *nix but I couldnt get the windows app to run on XP/2000
machines altho apparently it will run on 98 but I wasnt able to test that with a
phone.

So - is it literally just supposed to be a case of creating a blah=blah style
config file at <mac>.txt ??

I note not all the options are listed in the sample, what about the others?

And finally.. why doesnt this info appear to be available from the manufacturer,
surely we shouldnt be reverse engineering?

Steve