[Asterisk-Users] pbx.c:1836 ast_pbx_run: Channel 'Zap/1-1' WARNING

Chris A. Icide chris at netgeeks.net
Thu Jul 8 09:39:56 MST 2004

On 12:39 AM 7/8/2004, robert brown wrote:

>CLI> -- Starting simple switch on 'Zap/1-1'
>
>Jul 7 18:42:24 WARNING[1192437440]: pbx.c:1836 ast_pbx_run: Channel
>'Zap/1-1' sent into invalid extension 's' in context 'default', but no
>invalid handler
>
>-- Hungup 'Zap/1-1'

In english,

---Starting simple switch on 'Zap/1-1'

means, 'Hey!  The phone line you have plugged into the first X100P card is
ringing!  I'm going to answer it!'

Channel 'Zap/1-1' sent into invalid extension 's' in context 'default', but
no invalid handler

means, 'I answered the line and in zapata.conf you told me to go to context
'default' to start handling a call on this line.  So I went to context
'default' in extensions.conf and since I have no signalling to tell me what
number was dialed, I'm going to look for extension 's' (which I look for
when the number dialed is a null string), but I couldn't find extension 's'
in context default, so I started looking for extension 'i' because thats
what I do when I can't find the context/enten I'm looking for (i stands for
invalid, and I will alwasy look for extension i when I can't find a
matching extension for the call), but alas, extension I wasn't there either.

At this point I would normally be creative and try very hard to figure out
what you really wanted me to do versus what you told me to do, but alas,
unfortunately 99.95% of the programming world thinks such behavior is a bug
and not a feature, so I am prevented from reading your mind and must follow
my rules, so I am allowed to spit out an error message, which of course I did.

------  Hope that helps you understand the error messages you were seeing.

What you need to do is create an context/extension in your extensions.conf
file like such

[default]

exten => s,1,Dial(SIP/<your-sip-info-here>,20,t)    ; see the wiki for what
the 20 and t means (or do 'show application dial' from the cli)

exten => i,1,Playback(invalid)
exten => i,2,Hangup

this should at least get you past the errors, the above entries aren't
something you want to leave that way, because they don't handle all the
possibilities you might run into (like not answering your phone if it rings
for more than 20 seconds)

-Chris