[Asterisk-Users] tdm400p static - out of ideas

Jorge Mendoza mendoza at tcc.com.pe
Thu Jul 8 08:37:21 MST 2004

We have not experience with Digium cards. However we had similar
problems when installing legacy pbx. The problem: local ground. One easy
way to test the local ground is with a voltmeter measure the voltage
between the CO tip wire (in open loop state) and local ground. This must
be less than 2 VDC and must be stable (not oscillations). Correcting the
local ground all problems were fixed.
When you plug a regular phone, the phone is floating and have not
electrical contact with other devices, then there are not ground currents.
My guess is that there are some hardware design that are more sensitive
than others to ground currents.

Hope this helps.

Jorge