[Asterisk-Users] i or s or whatever the invalid_exten is HELP !!!!!

Simon simon at orbital.net
Thu Jul 8 08:09:55 MST 2004

Ok

So when i get into a context and dial a number that does not exist the 'i'
exten works fine.
I have a test exten that runs my menu system if i dial that then dial an
exten that does not exist ' i ' works.

BUT  when i dial a number directly that does not exist the 'i' exten does
not get called i did try

exten => ${INVALID_EXTEN}, Do summit  ( no good )

What i need is when a number that is not in a context is dialled to go to a
list of exten's and then redirect to the correct context . Mainly because we
have many different context's all starting with 2 different digits ie

65xx for one office
66xx for office 2
43xx for branch a

etc

Or can i test the first 2 digits of a number and send it to the right
context ? Seems a bit difficult when i can't even get * to let the number
come in.

I am using BT101's ( SIP ) and Asterisk CVS-HEAD-05/19/04-01:33:53

Best Regards
Simon