[Asterisk-Users] Unreliable dtmf digit generation from tdm400p

ghost at silcon.com ghost at silcon.com
Thu Jul 8 01:14:21 MST 2004

Al,

I spoke with a tech support person at Digium today.  He suggested adding a
'w' to the dial string.  I did this and thus far it appears to have solved
the problem.

; we must add a pause (w) in the dial string for some reason otherwise the
dtmf digits sent won't be complete.
; appears only to be a problem with tdm400 cards, x100p cards seem to dial
ok without the w

exten => _9X.,1,Dial(ZAP/10/w${EXTEN:1})
exten => _9X.,2,Congestion

As a side item, while doing all the testing to figure this out, I noticed
that there is a delay in the dialing of the last digit.  So if you dial
5551212 the card actually dials 555121 <pause> 2.  Does anyone know why it
does this?  The Digium support guy seemed to think it was a bug and
suggested I report it on bugs.digium.com, which I'll do unless someone
here can enlighten me as to the a meanful purpose to the delay.  It
already takes longer than is really comfortable to dial a number so I'd
like to speed it up as much as possible.

Mark