[Asterisk-Users] X100P bad sound after period of time

David Cook dbc_asterisk at advan.ca
Wed Jul 7 22:22:02 MST 2004

Hi folks. I am using a X100P card and after some random amount of time
of correct operation, say 8-20 hours, the card starts acting up and
producng horrid sound quality which is all broken up. All other channels
appear to work fine.

One thing I noticed, is that "zap show channel 1" always shows the
"Actual Hookstate: Offhook" as soon as the telco line is plugged in. Is
this normal? Maybe a bug in the status program or might this be
indicative of my problem somewhere?

The card claims to be sharing an interrupt with the SCSI controller and
I don't see any way to change that. I put a second card in a different
machine and it too, shared the interrupt but with the usb-uhci instead.
It too shows zap show channel 1 as "offhook" as soon as the line is
plugged in.

Is there something real basic I am missing here?

I'm on CVS-HEAD-06/27/04-23:21:33
/proc/interrupts
           CPU0
  0:     541808          XT-PIC  timer
  1:       1203          XT-PIC  keyboard
  2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
  5:          0          XT-PIC  usb-ohci
  8:          1          XT-PIC  rtc
 10:    5281916          XT-PIC  aic7xxx, wcfxo
 11:      22266          XT-PIC  aic7xxx, eth0, Cyclom-Y
 12:         32          XT-PIC  PS/2 Mouse
 14:          0          XT-PIC  ide0
NMI:          0
ERR:          0

My modules.conf looks like: