[Asterisk-Users] VoIP hackers gut Caller ID

Leo Ann Boon leo at innovax.com.sg
Wed Jul 7 17:05:59 MST 2004

brian wrote:

>Anyone with a PRI/ISDN line can set callerid to anything... Not just voip,
>not just asterisk.  Come on guys.
>
>bkw

I thought that was the idea of using ISDN. We do it with PBXs all the
time, setting the callerid to your DDI number or just set every call to
appear to call from the main line. As for getting the so-called
'witheld' number, it's a feature at the signalling level. Over here,
when you text using a mobile phone with a 'witheld' number, it still
shows up at the receiving end. If these are security problem, it's the
ISDN protocol's fault. The author is obviously barking up the wrong tree.

<snip>