[Asterisk-Users] tdm400p static - out of ideas

Ryan Courtnage ryan at voxbox.ca
Wed Jul 7 07:13:11 MST 2004

Hello,

Over the past several weeks, we have been having an intermittant problem with
our deployment of a TDM400P card (4 fxo).  We have tried many things, and the
problem still re-occurs.

The Problem:

Occasionally (every 48 hours), the TDM400p card will stop answering incoming
calls on ALL fxo ports.  Attempts to send outbound calls on any Zap channel
will result in hearing a loud 'static' noise on the line.
On one occasion the problem actually occurred while someone was on an active
call with the PSTN.  25 minutes into the call, this loud static noise
occurred, and the call was dropped.
Debug log files show nothing unusual.  It's obvious that * is unaware that
there is any problem with the card.

The Environment:

- TDM400p card (REV F), with 4 FXO modules
- Server power is filtered through a UPS and a noise canceling powerbar
- RHEL with 2.4.2 kernel
- Zaptel from 2004.06.29 cvs
- Asterisk from 2004.06.29 cvs

More Details:

- No interrupts are being shared
- We have tried replacing the server with a completely new server (same tdm
card)
- Reloading Asterisk will NOT correct the problem
- Reloading the wcfxs module WILL temporarily correct the problem

I've had conversations with others that have had this exact same problem.
Some resolved the issue by changing PCI slots, changing computers, or
filtering power.  Others find that a nightly restart of the server helps.
And at least one other, is just like me and struggling to find a solution ;-)

Digium support has yet to find a solution.
I'm really out of ideas here - I'll take any bone you can throw me.

Thanks
Ryan Courtnage
Coalescent Systems Inc
403.244.8089