[Asterisk-Users] Fax Detection

Matt matt at powderdays.com
Wed Jul 7 12:44:28 MST 2004

Hi all

I've tried Google, wiki and mailing list and IRC but still haven't gotten to
the bottom of this.  Hopefully someone might be able to help.

I'm using telappliant to provide my inbound and outbound calls.  * plays
host to 30 cisco's and they are all working great using G711 A-law.  I've
managed to get SpanDSP to compile and install and I can send a receive a fax
on a dedicated extension.  What I'm trying to do now and can't seem to nail
is getting an inbound fax to be detected and then handled.

I've tried the examples from the wiki and the sites linked on the wiki;
messed about trying my own weird and wonderful methods but still no joy.

All the calls are using G711 A-law.

Here is the test context I'm using

XXX = hiden

Exten => 08700686XXX,1,Goto(textextension,7000,1)

[testextension]
Exten => 7000,1,Answer
Exten => 7000,2,Dial(SIP/104)
Exten => fax,1,rxfax(/var/spool/asterisk/incoming/testfax.tif)
Exten => fax,2,congestion
Exten => fax,102,congestion

Calls hit the testextension contect but don't get detected as a fax.

Cheers

Matt