[Asterisk-Users] Simple H323 Test

Giscard Fernandes Faria giscard_cisco at yahoo.com.br
Wed Jul 7 05:40:32 MST 2004

Hi guys, I just installed the asterisk and the h323
modules. The h323 module seems works well, because the
asterisk show the options to handle it.

Now I trying to do a simple test, I have a mediatrix
with the adress 10.11.2.121 with two phones 1001 and
1002. And I wanna make calls one to another.

Then I configure the h323.conf file:
[general]
 port = 1720
 bindaddr = 0.0.0.0
 context = default
 allow=all            ; turns on all installed codecs
 dtmfmode=rfc2833

And the extension.conf file:
...[general] and [global] statements
[default]
exten => _1001,1,Dial(H323/10.11.2.121)
exten => _1002,1,Dial(H323/10.11.2.121)

But when I try use the phones to talking I don`t
listen the ring. How I just start with asterisk I
thinked that my confiuration is wrong. Someone have
some idea??!!

Thanks all.

Giscard