[Asterisk-Users] SPA-2000 and time of day

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht list+asterisk-users at lists.wsrcc.com
Tue Jul 6 19:33:54 MST 2004

chrisy at flirble.org (Chris Luke) writes:
> NTP is time-zone and season agnostic. It always transmits UTC.

Yup.  This is the answer to the most common FAQ on
comp.protocols.time.ntp .

> Offsets from this are set in the client, including DST stuff. If they
> can't be set, get a better NTP client. :)

I wish Grandstream were listening.  The fact that you need to click on
one of two buttons to decide whether to apply the -1 hr correction or
not to get the right time is pretty lame.

    Daylight Savings Time: o No * Yes (if set to Yes, display time
    will be 1 hour ahead of normal time)

-wolfgang
openbsd asterisk http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/ftp/asterisk-openbsd35.patch