[Asterisk-Users] SIP and H323

Giscard Fernandes Faria giscard_cisco at yahoo.com.br
Tue Jul 6 11:34:07 MST 2004

Hi guys, I am a newbie in asterisk system. And I wanna
to make some questions.

I already had a system to solve my VoIP solution, but
this system only accept the SIP protocol. Therefore I
thinking to using the asterisk like a "middle" to
redirect the H323 calls to my existing system!!!

I would like know if the asterisk handle each protocol
(SIP and H323) separatedly or if the asterisk
translate the protocol?!?!

If the first statement is true I can use the asterisk,
if not I would like ask if anyone confront a similar
problem and what the solutions used.

Thanks.

Giscard