[Asterisk-Users] rh9, asterisk HEAD, & asterisk-oh323-0.6.3a working

Glen Hinkle asterisk at empireenterprises.com
Tue Jul 6 10:25:55 MST 2004

I have no new information, just a note of encouragement to those
traversing the bowels of h323:

I've been trying to get h323 working with asterisk for several months
now, trying with chan_h323 & chan_oh323 with all kinds of different
combinations.

As with several folk on the list, I've had no luck.  Either I had no
audio, or I could only receive calls, or I could dial but no had no
audio.

I finally got it working today with the oh323.  It seems to work
flawlessly in lab settings with both ulaw & g729.  The command line
options for oh323 are odd, but whatever, it works.

I'm using RH9 w/ a cvs HEAD checkout from "Jul  2 17:54 EST".
I would post how I did it, but I only followed the README.

-g