[Asterisk-Users] RE: is srv lookup being done when REGISTERing?

Karl Brose khb at brose.com
Tue Jul 6 09:36:59 MST 2004

It's correct that neither the SRV lookup is handled correctly or
completely, nore is there in standard distro a way to register with the
proxy for a domain, if those names differ.
It wasn't a difficult task to change this.
If there is interest I might release the patch for this as part of
another development.

The syntax I implemented was this:
register =>
user[:secret[:authname[:displayname]]][@domain]@proxyhost[:port][/contact]

Would this fit your needs?
Or any other ideas?

There is also the option of expanding, or better redesigning, the [peer]
sections with proper and logical configuration options
and adding a register=yes flag.
Both have been tried, and have their pro's and con's
Any thoughts?