[Asterisk-Users] zaphfc 2 cards working with P2P Mode ?? - massive Problems

Ernst Lehmann lehmann at acheron.franken.de
Tue Jul 6 06:13:04 MST 2004

Hello List,

is someone operating a DID /P2P / Anlagenanschluss with more than one
HFC-Based ISDN-Card ???

I have now 12 hours of setup-troubles behind me with Colt-Telekom, where
we did not get it working with two HFC-based cards.

Here the setup:

- 2 HFC-ISDN-Cards (the one from Conrad-Electronic)
- bri-stuff.0.0.2 (with the asterisk-sources from the
download.sh-skript)

- two NTBAs from Colt-TK with P2P Mode and a block of 30 DID-Numbers

The Problem:

- when both cards are connected to the NTBAs, and asterisk is started,
the Ports in the VST from Colt drop.
- when only one card is connected, the Port stays up.
- I played with various timing setups... second span with timing=2, or
timing=0, but in all cases, the Switch at Colt drops the line...
(Layer2-failure they told me)....

Has anybody a working setup, with two or more HFC-Cards ?? Can you
please give me a hint, and which Telco-Carrier you use ??

TIA for all help regarding this.....

Here the setup:

zaptel.conf:

span=1,1,3,ccs,ami