[Asterisk-Users] No RED/GREEN alerts on TDM400P?

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Tue Jul 6 04:37:10 MST 2004

> 	I replaced my X100P cards with two TDM04B fully populated (8 FXO
> modules). They are working fine, I can make and receive calls, but I
> noticed all modules are always in GREEN state, even if I disconnect the
> line. Both zttools and a cat /proc/zaptel/<device> shows no RED alarm.
> 	Is there a workaround for this?

There is no workaround. I opened a bug on this subject (well, the bug
was oriented around * not knowing when a pstn line was down/disconnected
and would continue to send calls out the zap port), and Mark closed it
with comments something like... that's by design, will never be fixed.

Not sure what the logic is behind that, but it certainly does _not_
emulate any typical pbx or switch that I've ever seen in 20+ years
of telephony.

The fxo module has all of the hardware logic to sense this (as well as
many other things), but for whatever reason, no one wants to deal with
implementing the software logic to support it.