[Asterisk-Users] asterisk, fwd, and grandstream?

Holger Schurig hs4233 at mail.mn-solutions.de
Tue Jul 6 01:51:01 MST 2004

> I have all ready been there the only refference I saw was the tips and
> tricks for asterisk and grandstream

Do it the roman way: Divide and conquer. Divide your problems into 3
little problems:

a) connect a Grandstream to Asterisk
b) connect Asterisk to Grandstream
c) dialplan magic to connect them to each other

And then conquer them problem by problem.

a) is describe in the sip.conf.sample that comes with asterisk as well as
in the WIKI. If you have the source code of asterisk, look into the
configs/ directory. Hey, you can even search for "grandstream".

b) Is in the Wiki explained. You can search for "freeworlddialup" and get
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+How+to+connect+to+FWD as a result.

c) is explained in this document as well at the end.