[Asterisk-Users] Playback over Console

Chris Foster masteryoda305 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 5 17:48:09 MST 2004

I'm trying to setup a primitive announcement-paging system in my house
using the line-out from my * box to a cheap amplifier that runs to
speakers on our first and second floors from the basement. I have a
extension that connects to Console, and console is set to auto-pickup.
I'm using alsa drivers.

This all works great, except for one thing. I want to play a tone over
the console after the console picks up. What i'm doing right now is
calling Playback after the Dial. However, No playback sound or
background sound is being heard over the console speakers or are any
error messages appearing in the command line.

The extensions.conf entry looks like this:
[access-internal]
include => parkedcalls
exten => 31,1,Dial(SIP/line1,30,t)
exten => 31,2,Voicemail(u1)
exten => 32,1,Dial(SIP/line2,30,t)
exten => 32,2,Voicemail(u1)
exten => 33,1,Dial(SIP/grand,30,t)
exten => 33,2,Voicemail(u1)
exten => 310,1,Dial(Console/dsp) ;; intercom
exten => 310,2,Playback(tt-weasels)

Thanks to anybody who can help!