[Asterisk-Users] Multiple E1s over TDMoE?

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Mon Jul 5 15:59:07 MST 2004

On Mon, 2004-07-05 at 03:01, Thilo Salmon wrote:
> > re a reason you aren't using IAX? TDMoE is going to put a 1.5 or 2
> > mbit plus over head on your LAN even when you don't have traffic whereas
> > IAX will only burden your LAN for as much as is needed.
>
> I agree. IAX can be useful in that respect. However, I was hoping to
> carry a little more signalling information such as TON, NPI, SI, etc.
> across a group of PRIs. Since I could use a cross cable to connect two
> FE NICs ,traffic was not my concern.

Well what is the trouble with moving that information up into variables
and using the new functions in IAX to pass that information from one
side to the other. Basically, you are going to pass it kind of out of
band, but it will get from one side to the other. You can then use it to
either place the call or deal with the inbound information.