[Asterisk-Users] T1 configuration, getting help via IRC?

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Mon Jul 5 12:14:04 MST 2004

On Monday 05 July 2004 13:58, Paul Concepcion wrote:
> In my * server I have a T100P, connected with a T1 crossover cable to an
> Adtran TA750 with 2 FXO cards. After I do 'modprobe wct1xxp;ztcfg' the
> alarm on the card starts blinking red. Running zttool confirmed that
> yes, it is a red alarm. I've read a few previous posts on this type of
> setup and I'm not too much closer. What should I be checking next? A
> different cable? The config on the TA750? The TA750 has been reset to
> one of the default setups. ESF framing, b8zs encoding.

First step, and *always* first step, is to plug in a loopback cable (1 -> 4, 2
-> 5) and see what happens.

Loopback should always make your status LEDs glow steady green.  If that's not
working then you've got other problems.

> span=1,0,0,esf,b8zs

I'd always prefer to clock off of the channel bank; chances are its internal
clock is higher stratum than anything on the T100P.  :-)

> On another topic, I've tried connecting to irc.freenode.net to join the
> #asterisk channel. It says I need to be identified to join the channel.
> pidentd is running on my machine and the firewall is set to allow stuff
> on 113 through. Anyone else encounter this issue?

You need to register with freenode.  hop on freenode, then /msg nickserv help
for instructions on how to register.  bkw_ set the channel mode to require
registered accounts to try and stop the spam bots from constantly disrupting
the channel.

-A.