[Asterisk-Users] T1 configuration, getting help via IRC?

Paul Concepcion pconcepcion at mb.capyi.ca
Mon Jul 5 10:58:18 MST 2004

In my * server I have a T100P, connected with a T1 crossover cable to an
Adtran TA750 with 2 FXO cards. After I do 'modprobe wct1xxp;ztcfg' the
alarm on the card starts blinking red. Running zttool confirmed that
yes, it is a red alarm. I've read a few previous posts on this type of
setup and I'm not too much closer. What should I be checking next? A
different cable? The config on the TA750? The TA750 has been reset to
one of the default setups. ESF framing, b8zs encoding.

Configs:
[root at rosella root]# cat /etc/zaptel.conf
span=1,0,0,esf,b8zs
fxsks=1-8
[root at rosella cepcion]# /sbin/lsmod
Module Size Used by Not tainted
wct1xxp 13760 0 (unused)
zaptel 181984 0 [wct1xxp]
autofs 13780 0 (autoclean) (unused)
tg3 57608 2
(... etc ...)

Other information:
I used the pinout available here:
http://www.digium.com/index.php?menu=faq#General_5
<http://www.digium.com/index.php?menu=faq#General_5>

Output from /var/log/messages:
Jul 5 13:05:51 rosella kernel: Zapata Telephony Interface Registered on
major 196
Jul 5 13:05:51 rosella kernel: Framer: DS21552, Revision: 3 (T1)
Jul 5 13:05:51 rosella kernel: Found a Wildcard: Digium Wildcard T100P
T1/PRI
Jul 5 13:06:06 rosella kernel: Using ESF/B8ZS coding/framing
Jul 5 13:06:06 rosella kernel: Calling startup (flags is 4099)

I've been using various sources I've found via Google with no luck.
http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=adtran

What should zttool show if everything is configured properly? After
doing 'modprobe wct1xxp;ztcfg' I ran zttool. In the details for the
T100P I saw: "Current Alarms: Red Alarm, Sync Source: Internally Clocked"
? TxA 00000000
? TxB 11111111
? TxC 00000000
? TxD 11111111

? RxA 00000111
? RxB 11111010
? RxC 00000000
? RxD 00000000

Should the transmit and receive settings be mirror images of each other,
or is this display correct given my situation? Unfortunately I don't
understand what a good display would look like.

On another topic, I've tried connecting to irc.freenode.net to join the
#asterisk channel. It says I need to be identified to join the channel.
pidentd is running on my machine and the firewall is set to allow stuff
on 113 through. Anyone else encounter this issue?

-paul

P.S. Sharp-eyed readers will notice I posted just about the same thing
last week. I apologize for all the posts, but I thought I'd try to get
the attention of the Monday-Tuesday-Wednesday crowd.

--
Paul Concepcion
HelpCan Computer Technical Services, Inc.