[Asterisk-Users] Rederecting an incoming CAPI call to SIP soft phones

Christian Robert crobert at braintags.de
Mon Jul 5 08:59:14 MST 2004

Hi everyone,

I have the following configuration:

Calls are coming in into the Asterisk system via an ISDN card
(AVM ISDN-Controller C4)

When a call is received, it's placed into a hold using the dial-plan:

  exten => s,1,Wait,2
  exten => s,2,Answer
  exten => s,3,SetMusicOnHold,random
  exten => s,4,MusicOnHold,random

An application is running in the background, using the Manager API to
receive events when the call comes in. The application internally
keeps track of which SIP phone is free and which is busy (that's
needed because the person sitting in front of the telephone will get
additional information on his/her screen).

So, when a call arrives, I try to redirect the call using the
following manager command:

  Action: Redirect
  Channel: CAPI[contr1/s]/2
  Context: incoming
  Exten: 106

Exten 106 has been mapped to a SIP phone:

  106,1,Dial(SIP/robin)

So, when using the command everything works perfectly, until the
actual call between the CAPI line and the SIP phone is established.
When the SIP phone accepts the incoming call, the connection is
terminated and the telephone receives a busy indication.

Is this the right way of transfering a call and there is an error
within the relay itself, or do I need to perform the connection
distribution some other way?

Bye
Chris