[Asterisk-Users] Divert to arbitrary number.

Jaun Terblanche jterblanche at altoa.com
Mon Jul 5 04:09:08 MST 2004

Hi All,

I am looking for a way to allow users to
dial *21*, followed by a number and the pound
key. Asterisk must then divert all incoming calls
to the user's extension to the number given.

I got it right halfway using a tip from
http://ns1.jnetdns.de/jn/relaunch/asterisk/page6.html.
Thanks to whomever is the contributor of the above tip.

The problem is however, that the number to which
calls will be diverted will be:

1.	Unknown.
2.	On any of the available interfaces (Zap/SIP/IAX/etc...)

I need to be able to do pattern matching on the number,
instead of a straight Goto, like priority s|2 in the example.

An example might be where the user diverts all his calls to
another local extension or to his mobile phone, the number
of which will be unknown.

Anybody with experience, please help. I am VERY new to asterisk.

Kind Regards,
Jaun.