[Asterisk-Users] Unreliable dtmf digit generation from tdm400p

ghost at silcon.com ghost at silcon.com
Sun Jul 4 17:31:20 MST 2004

I have a tdm400p 4 port fxo card which is not reliably creating the dtmf
dialed digits when making a call.  I have placed a linemans handset in
monitor mode on the line and can hear that what the system reports it is
dialing is not what the card is actually dialing.  This happens about
25-50% of the time. The remaining time the digits dialed are correct and
the call goes through properly.

For example, I dial 5551212

 == Spawn extension (default, 95551212, 1) exited non-zero on 'SIP/102-8da7'
    -- Executing Dial("SIP/102-07cb", "Zap/2/5551212") in new stack
    -- Called 2/5551212
    -- Zap/2-1 answered SIP/102-07cb

The system logs that it's dialing 5551212 to channel zap/2.. great.

Now when I actually listen to what the card is dialing, it doesn't dial
5551212 but something like 555212.  I don't know what exactly it's dialing
since I can't decode dtmf in my head, but it's clearly missing a digit or
two.  As a result, the telco comes back with a "your call can't be
completed" because the full phone number wasn't dialed.

I have a X100P which is also in the system which works just fine.. it
never has this problem.

This is a brand new card, and I only have this one, so I can't test with
any others. Maybe it's defective?    I've spent all day trying to
troubleshoot this - I've tried different phone lines, even put the card
into another box I built to try and troubleshoot.  Always get the same
intermittant problem.

Also I've noticed in this testing that there is a slight pause before the
last digit is dialed.  This always occurs and I'm curious why it does
this.

Thanks for anyones help!

Mark