[Asterisk-Users] SPA-2000, call for help testing echo issues...

Andrew Yager andrew at rwts.com.au
Sun Jul 4 06:29:34 MST 2004

On 04/07/2004, at 6:32 PM, Trevor Peirce wrote:

> Mike Benoit wrote:
>
>> I'm curious to know if anyone else using SPA-2000's have the same
>> issues. I wonder if when calls are made from SPA-2000's to PSTN
>> numbers
>> through Asterisk, asterisk is just amplifying the SPA-2000's own echo
>> somehow.
>>
> I've noticed that my SPA-2000 has very bad echoing at the start of
> calls going over the X100P to/from the PSTN.  However, within 60
> seconds, the echo will eventually completely eliminate itself.  The
> echo is only heard from the SPA end, the remote caller does not hear
> any echo.

I don't have an SPA-2000, nor am I any expert on these things, but it
sounds like you are facing the traditional Asterisk + hybrid PSTN line
echo issues. Chances are that any SIP device plugged into the local
side of your asterisk box will start with a nice echo - which
eliminates itself as echo training occurs.

Have a look at the wiki (
http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?
page=Asterisk%20echo%20avoidance ) and at the list for the last few
weeks and read some of the settings you can try to eliminate the echo.

Not sure if it helps... but good luck!

Andrew