[Asterisk-Users] Zaptel dacs / dacs

Chris A. Icide chris at netgeeks.net
Sat Jul 3 02:00:34 MST 2004

On 06:41 PM 7/2/2004, Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:
 >On Friday 02 July 2004 21:25, Chris A. Icide wrote:
 >> I still didn't get an answer to the original question of will DACS do this?
 >
 >To my knowlege, DACS is simply a cross-connect.
 >
 >dacs=1-24:48
 >
 >When you pick up line 1, * automagically bridges it to line 48.  Line 2
to 49,
 >etc.
 >
 >The RBS variant would handle the signalling bits as well.
 >
 >That's all just a guess.  :-)
 >
 >-A.

thanks!  So if I read this correctly.  the first argument in a dacs= line
is the channel list (does it have to be a range, or can it be like other
channel arguments), and the second argument is the initial channel to begin
cross connecting to.

So.....  in the case of a clear channel T1 (em_w or em), could you do
something like this?

dacs=1-12,25-36:48  (take the first 12 channels of span 1 and the first 12
channels of span 2 and cross connect them all to span 3?)

I'm getting way off topic from my original question, but this is
interesting as well for some goofy reason.

-Chris