[Asterisk-Users] Zaptel, Line Impedence and Echo

matt.riddell at sineapps.com matt.riddell at sineapps.com
Fri Jul 2 21:30:08 MST 2004

> >> Does this only work with the new fxo modules?
> >
> > Yes.
>
> I don't have one of the "new new" modules (I have a Rev C) - and I seem
> to notice a difference - am I just seeing things?
>
> What is a new FXO module these days?

A Wildcard TDM400P with an FXO module (small daughter board) - these
cards hold up to 4 modules and can be a mix of FXS or FXO.

I guess I kinda already knew the answer to the question as the new
FXO modules have a different chip on them which allows the impedance
etc to be set from software whereas the older X100P card has a chip
which only does 600 ohms (which is correct in the US).

Matt