[Asterisk-Users] Special Delivery from China

Jay Milk jay at skimmilk.net
Fri Jul 2 21:01:24 MST 2004

Took the words right out of my mouth.  You don't need to port the whole
OS to implement a new protocol on existing hardware.  The codecs are
already on the DSP, and the chip has a decent API including a fairly
complete TCP/IP stack, UI control and sound drivers.  All you need to
teach it is how to speak IAX.  I'm trying to get my hands on the source
still, since it's only a reference design anyway.