[Asterisk-Users] Special Delivery from China

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Fri Jul 2 18:38:12 MST 2004

On Friday 02 July 2004 03:11, Holger Schurig wrote:
> But still one needs a compiler (or assembler) for the DSP. *AND* knowledge
> about how to do things the DSP way ...

8051 compilers abound.  The're very common.

> And for the 8051 we'd need a rudimentary OS to work on top. Hey, even eCos
> might be too much for that box ...

If, by "OS", you mean "something that will bring interrupts up to a C
function" then I agree with you.  You don't need an OS for an IP phone, just
a simple wrapper around some of the hardware and enough of a bootloader to
call _main() is all you need.  :-)

-A.