[Asterisk-Users] Zaptel dacs / dacs

Chris A. Icide chris at netgeeks.net
Fri Jul 2 14:48:17 MST 2004

from the zaptel sample config:

# "dacs"    : The zaptel driver cross connects the channels starting at
#             the channel number listed at the end, after a colon
# "dacsrbs" : The zaptel driver cross connects the channels starting at
#             the channel number listed at the end, after a colon and
#             also performs the DACSing of RBS bits

dacs=1-24:48
dacsrbs=1-24:48

I've googled a little and not found much more than this.

The question is:

1) what exactly does 1-24:48 mean in terms of this function.

If I have two T1 interfaces and I want to literally just 'cross-connect'
the first to the second (channel 1 to channel 1, 2 to 2.... 24 to 24), what
would the entry look like?

2) can you cross connect PRI interfaces?

in other words can you use the dacs functionality to insert a digium card
(on a system running asterisk) in between a pri from a carrier, to a legacy
pbx system?

would you set the signalling as pri in this case (if you can even do this),
or would you set it to something else and just pass the t1 as clear
channels and ignore the signalling as just another channel with data on it.

-Chris