[Asterisk-Users] Inter-Asterisk Exchange

M3 Freak m3freak at rogers.com
Fri Jul 2 13:40:49 MST 2004

On Fri, 2004-07-02 at 16:22, Bryan Brannigan wrote:
> > Depending on what you are planning to do in the datacenter you could
> > just put SIP phones/ATAs there rather than a full Asterisk server but
> > that would require some care in configuring your firewall.
>
> Actually the users are will be remote to the datacenter.  The IPs in our
> office are dynamic so I imagine that would be an issue to just hosting the
> box there.

To prevent yourself from losing hair, one side, preferably the main
office, should have static IPs.  Then the remote users could connect to
the main office through a VPN, and viola, they're sitting on the same
network as the main office.  But, the remote users wouldn't need an
Asterisk server.  It wouldn't matter if their IPs changed because the
VPN could be configured at either end to take that into account.

Kanwar
Systems Aligned Inc.
www.systemsaligned.com