[Asterisk-Users] IAX to IAX call with really bad echo

Darrin Johnson djohnson at isdomaininc.com
Fri Jul 2 13:37:09 MST 2004

All,

I have spent the last couple of days looking through the mail archives and
the documentation on the Wiki, but have not been able to find a solution to
the problem.  The version of code I am running is from CVS as of 6/30/04.

What happens is that when I make an IAX call to another IAX client the
caller receives a really bad echo.  All of the documentation I found around
using -DAGRESSIVE_SUPPRESSION and MARK2 or one of those options seems to be
around echo when going out an FXO port through a zaptel channel.  It wasn't
obvious to me if this same process could be done on the IAX channels and if
so how?

For reference my iax.conf looks likes:

[general]
port=5036
bindaddr=0.0.0.0
bandwidth=low
echocancel=yes
jitterbuffer=yes
maxjitterbuffer=500
maxexcessbuffer=100
dropcount=5
register => djohnson:12dookie at iaxtel.com
tos=lowdelay
#include /etc/asterisk/users/iax/iax_users

[iaxfwd]
type=user
context=IAX_FWD
deny=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0