[Asterisk-Users] Inter-Asterisk Exchange

George Pajari George.Pajari at netVOICE.ca
Fri Jul 2 13:03:20 MST 2004

Bryan:

> I would like to setup 2 Asterisk boxes.  One would be located in our
> office behind the firewall and hooked up to our analog lines.  The other
> would be located in a remote datacenter and used for our remote employees
> to connect to.  I would like to be able to accept calls on the Office
> Asterisk server and route them to the Datacenter Asterisk server.  Is this
> possible?

Trivial. We're doing just that for a client over an RF link to get phone
service to a building which would otherwise have to wait months for land
lines.

Depending on what you are planning to do in the datacenter you could just
put SIP phones/ATAs there rather than a full Asterisk server but that would
require some care in configuring your firewall.

George Pajari
netVOICE communications
www.netvoice.ca
www.ip-centrex.ca