[Asterisk-Users] RTP Source IP Address

George Pajari George.Pajari at netVOICE.ca
Fri Jul 2 12:15:13 MST 2004

From: "Marc Spiegelman" <marc at itu.net>:
> Does anyone know how to change the source IP address/Source Interface of
> RTP packets?  Changing the SIP source IP address in sip.conf has no
> apparent impact on RTP.  RTP traffic still uses the address assigned to
> the outbound interface.

You can't. It's a bug in rtp.c. I've fixed it and posted a note to
asterisk-dev but my post wasn't forwarded to the list by the moderator (I
posted from an address different from the one I originally registered
because I couldn't remember what that was) and I've haven't had time to post
this to the bugs database.

If you are in a hurry email me directly and I can get you the patch to the
code.

George Pajari
netVOICE communications
www.netvoice.ca