[Asterisk-Users] IRQ Misses and Dropped Calls?

Brian D'Arcy bdarcy at akiva.com
Fri Jul 2 09:43:21 MST 2004

Hello everyone,

I'm using a TE410P, no irq sharing, and all extraneous devices disabled,
such as USB, Parallel etc.  I'm getting a few IRQ misses according to
ZTTOOL.

We're running a standard PRI_CPE interface and seem to be getting
dropped calls, and errors on the D-CHANNEL occasionally.  The circuit
itself is very solid, it was in use on our old PBX just a few weeks ago,
never had any dropped calls, or any problems.  I'm receiving the
following messages

Jul  2 09:30:03 NOTICE[19475]: PRI got event: 4 on Primary D-channel of
span 1
Jul  2 09:30:03 WARNING[19475]: No D-channels available!  Using Primary
on channel anyway 24!
Jul  2 09:30:20 NOTICE[19475]: PRI got event: 5 on Primary D-channel of
span 1
Jul  2 09:30:41 WARNING[19475]: PRI: !! Got a UA, but i'm in state 1

In between the D-Channel error notices/warings, I'll see channels 1-23
goto yellow alarm state, then I'll see them clear.  It does not seem to
coincide with the hourly reset of the b channels.

I've looked everywhere for what these errors could mean, but I'm coming
up empty handed.

Could these errors be related to the IRQ misses I'm seeing?  I'm only
logging about 8 misses a day total.

Zaptel and Zapata configs pasted below...

[Zaptel.conf]
span=1,1,0,esf,b8zs
bchan=1-23
dchan=24
defaultzone=us
loadzone=us

[Zapata.conf]
[channels]
context=inbound
switchtype=dms100
overlapdial=yes
signalling=pri_cpe
usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no
callwaiting=yes
usecallingpres=yes
callwaitingcallerid=yes
transfer=yes
cancallforward=yes
callreturn=yes
rxgain=0.0
txgain=0.0
group=1
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1
immediate=no
musiconhold=default
group = 1
channel => 1-23

Any tips, tricks or debugging methods anyone could provide would be
extremely helpful!

I'm running CVS-HEAD as of this morning, however the problem has been
occurring over the last week, with my source being updated almost daily.

Thanks in advance,

Brian D'Arcy