[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7960G and *

Joshua M. Thompson funaho at jurai.org
Fri Jul 2 08:14:06 MST 2004

On Fri, 2004-07-02 at 10:45, Matt Davies | MattDavies.Net wrote:
> I have been doing so much reading on phones lately that I have completely
> lost track of some things. I seem to remember that there was one series of
> Cisco IP phones that required Cisco's call manager. Does anyone know if the
> 7960 will work with Asterisk or does it require call manager?

7940 and 7960 work fine with SIP. The 7905G (but *not* the regular 7905)
and 7912G should work as well.

I think the ones that *require* Call Manager are:

7902
7910 (too bad, it's a nice little inexpensive phone)
7920
7970 (a VERY nice phone, wish it did SIP)

--
Joshua M. Thompson <funaho at jurai.org>