[Asterisk-Users] X100P problem

Kevin Walsh kevin at cursor.biz
Fri Jul 2 03:00:48 MST 2004

Shaun Dawson [bigchiefscd at yahoo.com]
> However, if I try to dial out, I connect, but get
> absolutely nothing.  The cell phone doesn't ring, and
> no audio.
>
> If I try to dial in, I get a phone system recording
> that says "due to phone system trouble, this call
> cannot be completed".
>
> This is the type of thing that I'd expect to get if I
> were plugging in the wrong interface (like if the
> X100P were for interfacing with phones instead of
> phone lines), but I've double checked that.

Have you tried connecting an ordinary phone into the line and
making/receiving calls?

It sounds to me as if there's a problem on the line.  If your X100P
was just not answering then the caller should hear a ring tone,
rather than a recorded message.  Well, I don't know anything about
your telco, but that's what would happen here if I switched off my
Asterisk box or disconnected the line.

 _/ _/    _/          _/ _/     _/    _/  _/_/    kevin at cursor.biz